2010年11月18日 星期四

Sufjan Stevens - Now That I'm Older

It's different now I think
I wasn't older yet
I wasn't wise, I guess
Somewhere I lost whatever else I had
I wasn't over you
I see it run inside itself
And then I called you out
I'm not such older than I was
I'm feeling so much righter now
And then I woke myself, confused
Your dress comes down
To you, don't get it wrong, don't get excited
I wanted so much to be at rest
Now that I'm older
So be it so of love

The silent man comes down
All dressed in radiant colors
You see it for yourself
To demonstrate my love for you
You I thought I was so in love
Some say it wasn't true
Now that I'm older
Now, now that I'm older

There's so much travel
And now that I'm older
Someone else, can see it for myself
So much travel, yeah
Now that I'm older
 我在想這首歌應該要上了點年紀的人聽會比較有感覺,然而Sufjan Stevens卻以35歲年紀就寫出這樣的歌詞,讓我其實有點訝異,若是亞洲人或許在這樣的文化環境下我或許會覺得有可能,但以英美文化那樣的氛圍,我是比較驚奇 Sufjan 真的不太像在老美文化下長大的小孩,更何況是來自底特律。

沒有留言: